Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Age Defying Double D's?

I have a love/hate relationship with make-up. My skin is super sensitive and I can never find a foundation that doesn't either look as though it's been shovelled on because it's really thick or one that just slides off my skin after an hour. I'm not quite at the stage where I'm confident to go out without make up on (I'm very... fair) for fear of looking dead, the struggle is REAL.

I've tried BB cream and could never find one that my skin liked and then CC cream and that just didn't work for me. Colour correcting my butt! When I heard that Green People were bringing out a tinted DD moisturiser, I rolled my eyes. Another joke. But after giving up with my most recent foundation purchase, I was ready to try anything.

I've always been a huge fan of Green People products. We're a very sensitive-skinned family so we don't just put any old crap on our bodies and always aim for natural and organic where possible. I knew this new wonder product would be good on my skin because I've never been able to find fault in Green People and as soon as I opened the sachet and applied it to my face, I was immediately surprised.

DD stands for daily defence (and perhaps your cup size too if you're in the big boobie club) and is an anti-ageing product (BIG FAN). The solution stimulates cell renewal, reduces age spots and moisturises the skin (winning). It contains natural SPF15 protection (if you read any beauty blogs you'll know this is very important) AND colour correction. It glided onto my skin, giving an even tone (YES, FINALLY!) and covered up the red patch on my nose (damn you winter).



I spent about thirty means dicking about trying to find some natural light on a miserable day and just as I was about to give up, the sun came out. Not the best photography but you can just about see a glow to my skin (ignore the unruly eyebrows and semi-wet hair). 

You know I'm a no-bullshit kinda gal and I won't just sing the praises of something if I don't genuinely LOVE something. Well I GENUINELY love this product. It went on evenly and I didn't even need that much. I didn't expect to be bowled over by a DD cream, that's for sure. I can happily say I'd leave the house in just that, I wouldn't really need anything else on (my face). Thank you, Green People, for getting something so right (again)... you've made my week and my make up bag.

I'd recommend this to everyone. If you're looking for something with good coverage that doesn't look as though it's been caked on and is gentle on your skin... this will do the job. 

(Fair skinned ladies like me, you'll need the light version although you're given the choice to select both colours in sample size to try if you aren't sure)

Age Defy+ Tinted DD Moisturiser is made without petrochemicals, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone, synthetic colourants and preservatives to bring you the purest DD cream that nature can offer.

You can find out more about the Age Defy+ collection here.

I was sent a sample of the Green People Tinted DD moisturiser to review and as always all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment