Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fuck the system.

I'm really annoyed at her nursery because yesterday, when I picked her up, she was in a right state. She had dark circles around her eyes (that she didn't go to nursery with), a red puffy face and was scream crying. Her 'key worker' or whatever they call themselves didn't know I was walking up the stairs and was shouting at her to calm down. When the woman saw me she smiled and said she'd been ok on and off all morning. I sent her in with a cold because you're allowed to do that and if you weren't then she'd never be in nursery because every single week she has something wrong with her. I know that's the way it is, that it's germ ridden and that she'll get everything under the sun. That doesn't make it any less frustrating. And if your kid isn't like my kid then lucky you.

Anyway, she was a mess. I was annoyed they never called to have me come pick her up because it was very obvious she was a mess (which she wasn't when I dropped her off, she cried but that's normal for her... what can I say, I'm clearly way more fun than that place). I never took her in today because I didn't want to, I want her to be better and healthy ready for next week when she picks something else up from all the other snotbag kids. So I called the office and was told, abruptly, ok that's fine thanks for calling bye. Whatever.

And this afternoon I was thinking about whether or not I was going to send her tomorrow. And I'm not. She's still snotty and battling a viral infection (which is acceptable to send them in with OF COURSE) but she's happy enough, being at home with me. Learning and crafting and having quiet time. She could go in, she'd kick and scream because that's what some kids do, I did it and so did her dad, but fuck nursery this week. I'm still really fucking pissed off and I'm going to raise this with them next week when I don't want to knock their heads off.

I hate her nursery, less than any others in the area but still I hate it. I hate that she'll be getting homework next year when she starts school (something I'll be challenging her headteacher about), that she'll have to wear uniform and that slowly she'll be turned into a little robot. I hate it all and it makes me sad, makes me want to rebel and go against the norm, homeschool her and teach her all the things they don't get taught by the system.

Having a child is one of the best things in the world (alongside sleeping and eating) but slowly, as time flies by, they become yours less and less and I'm not ok with that. So I'm going to get away with rebelling as much as I can in the meantime, while she's still all mine.

1 comment:

  1. I bloody love this post (not that Lil was in such a state when you collected her) but about the system! That sentence about robots...I friggin hate school sometimes and it does me me sad, unbelievably sad that he's not just a little 'free-er''. Great post xx ps hope she feels a little better now

    ReplyDelete