Friday, October 24, 2014

Sumangashi

Or marbling, if you can't speak Japanese. I remember doing this as a kid at school but it wasn't until I stumbled across Tinkerlab that I remembered so I set off on my mission to do this with Birdie.


Skillz


I bought these marbling inks  and used an old roasting dish. You can use anything that fits a sheet of paper or card. And once you have your inks, off you go. It kept her entertained for an hour and I didn't have to worry about the mess because there wasn't any.  It's a great alternative to normal painting and waaaaaaay more fun because you just don't know how each piece is going to turn out.

So now we have over thirty sheets of marbled paper to use. That's our Christmas card crafting sorted!
I'd also recommend the Tinkerlab book - it's brilliant. Full of fab ideas for you and your little one.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment